1) What first got you into this fandom?
2) Do you think you'll stay in this fandom or eventually move on?
3) Favorite episodes/book/films/etc.
4) Do you participate in this fandom (fiction, graphics, discussion)?
Ok so dhamphir
selected Merlin, Twilight and The X-Files.
1. It was actually more that I had started showing an interest in other fandoms, and then I saw something in one of the TV episodes that just seemed to really inspire me.
2. I think its probably one of those things that I will eventually move on from. I am not a massive fan by any means, but at the moment it is holding some level of interest for me.
3. Well you really can't beat Excalibur - but its an old movie, and Gwen/Morgana are just a hell of a lot hotter in the new tv series *laughs*
4. I have written one short story and read a few so far.
1. I love the books. I have read them over a dozen times and usually have the entire series read in just under a week. Can't seem to put them down when I read them. A friend of mine then sent me a link to a femslash fic that someone wrote and I was pretty much hooked.
2. I have a feeling that this is one of those fandoms I will stay with long after the hype has died down and people have moved on to other things. I just love the concepts in the original story, and the avenues it allows my imagination to go to.
3. I *love* Breaking Dawn, but that is just because a Vampire Bella is utterly *hot*. As for femslash that I have read so far, I reeeeeeally enjoyed "The Edge" by fembuck
, "Through The Looking Glass" by bizarro_bluth
and I am really enjoying reading "Life After Forks" (which has cannon pairings instead of Alice/Bella pairings) by xamandabethx
4. I have written a 7 part story called Going Home and read a lot of twilight fic. I am considering a sequel to my own story, but nothing is concrete yet.
And of course we have The X-Files:
1. Where do I start?????? I am a huge Sci Fi fan. I remember when the show first was going to air on TV. I was still young enough that I had to go to bed before it's start time. So in the month before it aired, I begged, grovelled and pleaded until my mother allowed me to stay up and watch that show. It was the one night a week I was allowed to stay up later, until I got a little bit older. I have never missed an episode EVER, and I actually own a collection of memorabilia that is worth a fair amount of money. The show was GREAT - Dana....well I just don't know that I have the words on what she symbolised for me growing up.
2. I'm a lifer!!! *laughs*
3. Favourite episode? You are kidding right??? There are SO many that I loved. Momento Mori is one that springs to mind. I also liked all the Toombs stuff and Dwayne Barry stuff early in the series. I wasn't so impressed when the show would focus too much on the "Government conspiracy" angle. I liked the more paranormal stuff. But ultimately - loved it all! As for fics, the only X Files fics I have really enjoyed so far have been the ones by dhamphir
. I have a few links to other X Files ones, just haven't really started reading them as yet to know whether or not they are worth keeping in my collection *laughs*
4. Right now I am just reading - I have a few ideas on a Scully fic and maybe a WMC/X Files xover, but I am a little paranoid that I won't be able to do it justice, that it just won't be good enough. So for now its reading and brainstorming only *laughs*